- A special issue of Forecasting (ISSN 2571-9394). This special issue belongs to the section “Environmental Forecasting“.
- Deadline for manuscript submissions: 30 September 2021.
- Surface temperature is a key variable in hydrological, meteorological, climatological, and many other environmental models due to the interactions between soil, vegetation, water, and the atmosphere. Accurate observations constitute a main factor in model forecasting chains. This Special Issue will focus on newly implemented methods for monitoring and predicting surface temperature in different ecosystems: agricultural and vegetated areas, cold and hot climate regimes, and water bodies such as oceans, lakes, rivers, and wetlands. Particular attention will be paid to topics related to the forecasting of surface temperature in urban areas in climate change scenarios in order to design more sustainable and resilient cities.
Dr. Alessandro Ceppi
Politecnico di Milano, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Piazza L. da Vinci 32, 20133, Milano , Italy
- surface temperature forecasts
- remote sensing
- hydro-meteorological models
- urban heat island
- climate change
- water resources